Friday, September 7, 2012

Life is Just a Game

Life is Just a Game

After reading the Horizon Report, one section that stood out to me was "Technologies to Watch" but more specifically "game-based learning."  Since I intend to work my way up to being an occupational therapist in the near future, I know that I will need to implement several different types of activities (such as games) into the "curriculum" I use to make sure each child gradually reaches his goals/milestones.  While I know for a fact that this will be very beneficial in my field of work, (from my experience shadowing a few therapists over the summer) I also believe that incorporating games into the curriculum of any classroom would prove to be helpful in engaging the students by making the topic not only interesting but also more relatable.

2 comments:

  1. I think game-based learning is an awesome way to encourage learning. I plan on becoming a Speech Therapist myself, so I can definitely see how helpful games can be. They would certainly help with keeping attention! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! Like Stephanie, I plan on being a speech therapist so I think games are a great way to keep kids engaged in learning. Young students need creative and innovative way to keep themselves engaged and paying attention during instruction so that they actually retain what you tell them.

    ReplyDelete