Monday, September 24, 2012

Creativity

Creativity

The four dimensions that J.P Guilford uses to describe creativity are fluency, flexibility, originality, and elaboration.  The one dimension that I struggle the most with is flexibility because it's really hard for me, once I have made my mind up, to view it from a different perspective.  For example, I don't particularly care for those optical illusions where the picture can be interpreted as two different things (such as the young and old woman) because once I look at the picture the first time, that's the image that stays with me.  I usually don't go back and forth between seeing the two different objects because in my eyes, they just can't coexist together.  I think Storybird would be able to help students face originality and elaboration because they are given the chance to create their own story and illustrations and elaborate on the details as much as they would like.  I could use Queeky in my occupational/speech therapy office through activities that require kids to make patterns (in the palette option, there is a grid of squares that you can fill with different colors) or follow directions (color the top row green).

No comments:

Post a Comment