Friday, September 14, 2012

Adventurous.

Adventurous.

For as long as I can remember, I have always loved trying new things -- anything -- no matter what it is.  I, however, often feel like I am being held back by some people and have decided that I will try my best not to let that aspect get in the way of my adventures from now on.  Last August, I went whitewater rafting for the first time, with my sorority.  Obviously since I had never been before, I was super excited with a hint of fear and nervousness way deep down.  Out of the six other people in our raft, only one other girl had actually been whitewater rafting before, so naturally we requested to have a guide.  Unknown to us, the guide that the whitewater instructors had assigned us either did not show up or did not exist because when we went to pick out our raft, the other guides gave us a weird look when we requested "Austin."  Needless to say, we floated down the Nantahala River, "guide-less."  Despite the look on my face, I had a blast! It's more of a look of terrified awe :)

1 comment:

  1. You guys look like you are having the time of your life!!! How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete